|Pioneer Weston's high speed PTFE Seal range was first introduced during the 1970s to offer a superior performance than existing rubber seals. This is charecterised by the following advantages across the range.
- Low friction
- Aggressive media resistance
- Temperature extremes -100 °C / +250 °C
- Shaft surface speeds up to 30 metres/sec.
- Dry running qualities - reducing breakout friction and stiction
- Low lip wear ensuring prolonged service life
- Extended shelf life - unaffected by ultraviolet & oxidation
- Reduced shaft grooving
Performance can be optimised through the selection of specific PTFE grades.
The Pioneer Weston range of PTFE lip seals, offered through the ERIKS group, retro fit into hardware dimensions as defined in standards including DIN 3760/3761 and ISO 6194.
Non-standard designs and materials are available on request.
|Further detailed product information can be found at the ERIKS Seal Shop
Shells and bodies are available in; Mild Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminium.
PTFE elements are available in; Glass and MoS2 reinforced PTFE or Graphite reinforced PTFE. Specialist blends are available for high duty applications.
OD Sealants are sometimes used to provide better sealing between the OD of the seal and the bore of the housing. The sealant fills over imperfections in the bore surface.